Friday, August 6, 2010

Surprise - more like an explosion...

I need to share it almost in real time.
It is 1:10 am. Close to midnight I was ready to go to bed, and before I decided to try a glass of alcohol for the first time since the surgery. I was warned that it will hit me fast, but since I was going to bed...
I did not want to open bottle of wine, but I had a bottle of sweet liqueur in my fridge, so I had a glass. Within few minutes I hated the world around me, myself, liqueur, and all. I was like a heart attack. My breath was rapid and short, I could not sit, standing was not better. For about 15-20 minutes it was MISERY!. If this would happen without me drinking, I would call 911. That was 'dumping' I was warned, but unlike ANYTHING I experienced before. Now, one hour later I am almost OK, but I just cannot imagine having glass of wine outside as I was tempted many times...
What a punishment.
I am getting ready for my abdominoplasty and diastasis repair next week. I hired someone to stay with me for the first three days. Finding someone I could trust and depend on was not easy, but it was just too much to ask friends to do it. Such is single life.
At the university - many changes for the next academic year, some of them unexpected and will require significant amount of work. I am not sure to what degree I will be ready. Just one more thing to worry about.

It is now 1:20am and I am almost recovered. What an unpleasant trip.

1 comment:

  1. Thaddeus, I think about you every day. This has been a long hard journey for you. Hopefully all will normal and well soon.

    ReplyDelete