Wednesday, October 28, 2009

To Melanie

I am not sure if you received my response. Just in case, here is 'public' version:

--------------------
Hi Melanie,
Congratulations on your surgery - big step!
To answer your question, try to get unflavored protein mix and add it to chicken broth. Greek yogurt (which has a lot of live cultures and is thicker) is good easy start. Also try Kefir - not many people know about it - but it is not just pro-biotic but PRE-biotic, in other words it has nutrients to feed pro-biotic bacteria.
I live only a block from Trader Joe - and the books are:

Cooking with all things Trader Joe
(http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-All-Things-Trader-Joes/dp/0979938414/ref=sr_1)

And
The I Love Trader Joe (http://www.amazon.com/Love-Trader-Joes-Cookbook-Delicious/dp/1569757178/ref )

Good luck to you - and do not get discouraged. The first three months could be unpleasant, but every time I test my blood sugar and step on the scale - I and incredibly happy.

Best wishes!


___________________

Thaddeus

1 comment:

  1. I live close to Trader Joe too...Which one of these books do you refer to more?

    ReplyDelete