Friday, September 24, 2010

Yearly (late) Checkup

Yearly checkup was a stunning success. All my very comprehensive lab work was great. I finally made picture comparison from before surgery, 6 months post, and now. My weight was slightly up or down after 6 months, so the six months picture shows my shape before abdominoplasty.
I cannot stop watching it myself. I am still in disbelief. All this was WORTH it - and I have pictures to prove it.
Now - get completely well and work those muscles!
(...what muscles?)

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Glad to see you are feeling better. I am 11 months post surgery and am one pound away from my initial goal which is to have a normal BMI!
    I am considering some plastic surgery, but must admit that your experience has scared me. I'm still working on changing my body image - I don't see myself as the person I see in the mirror - strange, and not an outcome I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie,
    One of the reasons of keeping a blog and writing as it is happening is the fact that from the distance we would sugar coated the experience. I am VERY pleased with the results - but it was not pleasant. May be that knowledge will help you to go through - just knowing that it will not be easy. But may be worth it.

    ReplyDelete