Friday, June 25, 2010

It's My First Surgiversary!!!

Today is my WLS one-year anniversary.
Good news: I lost almost 100 lbs, diabetes and apnea are gone.
Bad news: I never reached my goal (so far).
My scheduled abdominoplasty is in 7 weeks and saga continues.
Overall, I am very happy about my decision, and 80% happy with the results.
I am not sure if my goal was realistic as 165 lbs was the weight when I was in my thirties. However, I still hope to get there.
Long time ago I quit smoking and after I quit, I had some nightmares that I took a cigarette again. I knew that one cigarette would bring the old addiction back. However, now it is different, because I have to eat. It is like quitting cigarettes, but in order to survive you must have few… 8^)
It is difficult to stay focused as my cravings have returned, and the fear of getting back to old habits is very real. I decided not to make any resolutions, as I did not keep so many before. Resolutions not kept made me feel like a failure even when there was great deal of success.
The journey continues, the destination is still NOT within the sight, but much, much closer.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am struggling with old habits as well. I am on my way to the conselour this week and I now meet with my dieticin twice a month. Just like you, I want that cigarette again. WE MUST REMAIN STRONG!

    Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

    Diane Warner
    Timeofmylife45.spaces.live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honest, candid blog. Congratulation on all you have accomplished. I am considering the surgery myself. Glad to have your experiences to reflect upon.

    ReplyDelete