Saturday, November 14, 2009

Am I Losing My Mind?

Since the previous weekend proved that I could handle salad, I decided on my way home to stop at the store and take some home. I went to the salad bar, and carefully picked what would seem like sensible choices. I was ready to leave, when I glanced at the miniature watermelons and thought – why not. As I was walking to pickup watermelon, I remembered that I am out of milk. On my way to the dairy cooler, I walked past the meat counter, and they had these little NY steaks (about 6 oz each) at greatly reduced price. Last weekend I also successfully had piece of prime rib, so I decided to buy few and stack them in the freezer. After I loaded gallon of milk, I also recalled that I am out of yogurt. Getting yogurt, I also got some frozen cherries and blueberries. My basket was full and my little salad trip was $50.
Because of the terrible parking situation I usually ride to the university on my very large scooter. I have side bags and very spacious trunk. I had to remove all stuff and distribute it in my scooter luggage. In my garage I had to move everything again into a cart and finally I made it home. Since it was cold and rainy, I changed into my comfortable warm robe, and unpacked the grocery. But I could not find my salad. I left it in the store. There was no way I would dress again and ride there, so I just decided to forget about it, and prepared one of the steaks. The grilled steak turned out absolutely perfect, I had only half of it, with some beans, and I started to feel ‘funny’ (unfortunate word as I was not laughing). Within no more than 5 minutes the steak ended up in the toilet in sort of unusual violent vomiting.
So I went to get a salad, which I left in the store, purchased all kinds of stuff I was not planning. The punishment was instant. Is there a lesson here, or just coincidence?

3 comments:

  1. Thaddeus,
    First, congratulations on your weight loss progress. Looks like you'll accomplish your goal.
    What foods will you be able to at here in Mexico? Luckily, we have a profusion of fruits and vegetables . . . and some wonderful restaurants!
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure you are loosing your weight, not only your mind... Great!!!
    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has happened to me before. Possible reasons: eating too fast, not chewing thoroughly enough, or taking that one bite too much. We have to eat "mindfully" and remember how very small our pouch is. Eating very slowly, stopping often and examining," Do I feel full in my pouch or does my head say I want one more bite?" You are not loosing your mind, only learning to reprogram it. Be patient--you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete