Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Focus!

Yesterday I purchased cooked shrimp with cilantro. Shrimp (cooked) is a great source of protein, low fat, and something I could tolerate very well. After few shrimps I realized that I ignored warning about fully focusing on eating and the first 3 or 4 shrimps went down with only slight effort to chew. I knew I made a mistake right away, but was hoping that it will pass (or shrimp will pass). The opening between new pouch and attached intestine is very small and 'the chew, chew' recommendation is incredibly important. I ate them around 8 PM, and until 2:30 AM it was in constant agony. What a lesson to learn. Now I wonder if my previous experience with beef was really caused by beef or just inadequate chewing...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have a question....I am just now 4 weeks out and allowed to have most foods. The problem is that a couple of times now I either overate or did not chew well enough and experienced horrible pain. I prayed to let God allow me to just throw up though I am not one who does that easily. The pain was similar to gall stone pain, also felt like a heart attack or like my stomach would explode. Is this the same type of thing you were referring to here? Most of my nausea came from the pain.

    ReplyDelete